What is Limex?
Limix is a unique Shikkui-based building material that is formed under extremely high pressure to achieve properties similar to marble. Due to the non-baking technology, all its natural components are preserved in the original, though compressed form. This production process also allows for various customized effects, colors and textures.
Recommended application: interior floor and walls.
What is Shikkui?
(1) Natural components, mainly slaked lime / limestone, plant fiber, seaweed extracts
(2) Slaked lime having high alkalinity, which naturally kills bacteria, viruses and mold/fungi
(3) Cradle to Cradle certification (Silver)
(4) Shikkui building materials can contribute toward LEED credits
(5) Low carbon footprint in production (incl. overseas shipment), low energy in production (e.g. for Limix - 89% less compared to baked ceramic tiles)
(6) Slaked lime in Shikkui products absorbs CO2 in the air turning into CaCO3. Also captures VOC gasses and odours.
(8) Naturally anti-static, prevent dust accumulation
(9) High quality control in production
(10) Adopted and followed water stewardship principles
(11) All products are fully recyclable or decomposable
How Limex Adds Value
- Natural components, no harmful chemicals
- Fully recyclable
- Naturally kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and molds due to high alkalinity
- Absorbs VOC gasses and bad smells
- Continuously absorbs CO2 as installed final product (total CO2 absorption: 297g / 1 kg of Limix)
- 80% less energy consumption and low CO2 emissions during manufacturing (compared to baked ceramic tiles)
- Naturally anti-static, prevents dust accumulation
- Outstanding hardness comparable to marble
- Individual design options: customized content (up to 50%), textures and embedded objects
- Wide range of custom and standard colors
- Can be used towards LEED credits
- Cradle to Cradle certified (Silver)